Recent News

News from the Town of Whitestown

Town of Whitestown receives nearly $1 million from INDOT for road repairs

Dec 10, 2020 | News

The Town of Whitestown has received a Community Crossings Grant from the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) in the amount of $999,423.

The funds will be used for repairing and paving CR 750 S from Indianapolis Rd to the Town Limit to the west, and resurfacing Anson Blvd from Albert S White to CR 450 S. The project is expected to be complete by fall of 2021.

“The total estimated cost of the projects is $1,332,564. The Town will contribute 25% of the cost and INDOT will contribute the remaining 75%,” said Whitestown Director of Public Works Danny Powers. “Roads are a critical component of economic development and quality of life. This grant has helped the Town stretch its paving dollars.”

To qualify for funding, local governments must provide local matching funds and submit an INDOT-approved asset management plan for maintaining existing roads and bridges.

Whitestown is one of 241 Indiana cities, towns, and counties who received a combined $101 million in state matching funds for local road projects.