Recent News

News from the Town of Whitestown

Town of Whitestown receives $1 million from INDOT for road repairs

Nov 4, 2021 | Department of Public Works, News

The Town of Whitestown has received a Community Crossings Grant from the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) in the amount of $1 million.

The funds will be used for the resurfacing of Indianapolis Rd from Whitestown Parkway to White Lick Creek Dr. The project is expected to be complete by fall of 2022.

“Improvement to local roads will bring about economic development, create jobs, and further increase the quality of life,” said Whitestown Director of Public Works Danny Powers. “Utilizing INDOT’s Community Crossings Grant allows us to stretch our funding by contributing 25% of the cost while INDOT will contribute the remaining 75%.”

To qualify for funding, local governments must provide local matching funds and submit an INDOT-approved asset management plan for maintaining existing roads and bridges.

Whitestown is one of 218 Indiana cities, towns, and counties who received a combined $101.9 million in state matching funds for local road projects.

Recent News Articles