Whitestown Parks and Recreation is hosting an “Egg Tent-astic” event on Saturday, April 3 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m at Main Street Park (4286 South Main St).
“Our annual Easter event is back – with a twist,” said Whitestown Parks Director Savannah Solgere. “This event will be similar to a trunk or treat, where families will travel from tent to tent, collecting candy at each stop.”
The event will follow CDC and Boone County Health Department guidelines. There will be one parking space between each tent passing out candy to allow for social distancing. All vendors will also be asked to sign a document stating that are not currently sick, have not been sick for the past 14 days, and have not come in contact with someone who is currently sick.
Additional guidelines include:
• All candy must be pre-wrapped (no homemade items will be allowed) and must be put in a plastic Easter egg.
• There will be a one-way entrance and exit.
• Each vendor/staff will be required to wear a mask.
• Vendors are limited to four people per booth.
• Each vendor will appoint one person to handle the egg distribution and they are required to wear gloves.
• Every vendor will have hand sanitizer at their tent.
• A staff member will be stationed at the entrance letting families in with a staggering approach. When one family/group gets to the first tent, staff will wait until the family/group gets to the second tent to let the next family/group in.
• Proper signage will be posted to encourage social distancing.
Photos with the Easter Bunny will also be available. Photos will be taken by the Whitestown Parks and Recreation Staff and posted to Facebook. The bunny will be six feet away from participants in the photo.
“This event is a wonderful way to bring the community together in a safe and health way,” said Solgere. “All participants will be required to wear a mask, hand sanitizing stations will be available, and proper social distancing signage will be posted.”
All local businesses and non-profits are invited to participate in this event that will provide the opportunity to interact with parents and children, giveaway candy, and promote the organization or business. The deadline to register is March 26.
For more information, please visit whitestown.in.gov/eggevent.